At Gross Schechter, we promote Jewish values for life with our students by encouraging tikkun olam (repairing the world), tzedakah (social justice) and chesed (acts of loving kindness) from the earliest ages. One of the ways children learn is by modeling behavior they observe in the classroom and at home.
Parents’ volunteering with Kehillat Schechter is a terrific way to bring these values to life for your children.
With opportunities in the classroom, on the weekend or even from home, meeting your family’s 15 hour requirement is now just a click away! We have opportunities to meet every family’s busy schedule.
Want to help?
Here are some current volunteer opportunities:
- Help with our Mishloach Manot fundraiser! We need volunteers to help bake hamentaschen, pack the Mishloach Manot, and then deliver them on Purim. Sign up here: https://tinyurl.com/GSDSMishloachManot
- Count box tops! Please see Ben Christ in the front office for more details.
- Counting Tzedekah money
- Help organize and re-shelve the book collection throughout the school year in the Media Center (Library)
- Picture scanning (could be done from home)
- Organize siddurim and Genizah box in the Lower School workroom
- Be one of our “cuddlers” in our infant care center to help during lunch time
For more information or to sign up for any of these events, feel free to call the main office at 216-763-1400.