Parents’ CornerMichelle Feinberg and Renee Greller, RBO Co-chairs As the school year draws to a close and summer is fast approaching, we look forward to a year unfolding! We are fortunate to end summer and kick off each school year with the Annual Kosher Rib Burn Off. As Co-chairs of the the 24th Annual Totally Kosher Rib Burn Off (RBO), this will be our ninth (Renee’s) and fifth (Michelle’s) year involved with the RBO and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Summers are filled with vacations, summer camp and fun in the sun! The RBO helps to bring families back together again on campus. Perhaps we are being a tad sentimental, but there is truly something to be said about the pride and joy we feel for our Schechter family when more than 3,000 community members come to our school to participate in the RBO, to be held this year on Labor Day, Monday, September 5. There are so many wonderful things about the RBO:
- A wide array of delicious kosher food which allows people of all levels of observance to participate
- An afternoon of family-friendly attractions and games
- The community feeling that is created at the RBO as one of the largest events in the Cleveland Jewish community
- Offer financial assistance to families that need aid
- Subsidize tuition to keep rates low for all families
- Pay for exciting technology and other resources that keep Gross Schechter’s curriculum innovative and constantly evolving.