Discover what has been missing from your child’s education
Some of the many middle school experience highlights are:
- A daily morning advisory period in which students meet with their grade level advisor. The advisor-student relationship is invaluable, as the advisor serves as the student’s mentor and is an integral part of the student’s academic and social development.
- Student government, with representatives meeting weekly, focuses on social and mitzvah activities for the middle school.
- Middle school kicks off with a 5th and 6th grade Shabbaton to build relationships for life.
- A buddy program with the preschool allows our students to become role models and friends, thus building bonds that extend beyond the school walls.
- Our 7th grade students soar each year at the Northeast Ohio Science and Engineering Fair making Gross Schechter proud.
- Our Tikkun Olam Program in the middle school teaches students to be ambassadors in the community as they work at Menorah Park, local food banks, and participate in programs for less fortunate children.
- As a culmination of their years at Gross Schechter, our 8th grade students spend three weeks in Israel giving them an experience for life.
- After-school programming such as soccer, basketball, ultimate frisbee and yearbook help our students become well-rounded for life.