Discover what has been missing from your child’s education.Gross Schechter Day School’s Middle School program stresses critical thinking and creativity, curiosity and perseverance and global awareness and personal responsibility. Students are given greater independence than in earlier grades and encouraged to set and reach individual goals. Teachers work closely with our students to ensure that each student reaches personal success. Technology is woven into every subject from Bible to Science, with students using MacBook Pros and Smart Boards on a daily basis. Our high standards and rigorous dual curriculum – general and Judaic studies – cultivate problem solving strategies and out-of-the-box thinking.
Some of the many middle school experience highlights are:
- A daily advisory period in which students meet with their grade level advisor. The advisor-student relationship is invaluable, as the advisor serves as the student’s mentor and is an integral part of the student’s academic and social development.
- Student government, with representatives meeting weekly, focuses on social and mitzvah activities for the middle school.
- Middle school kicks off with a 5th and 6th grade Shabbaton to build relationships for life.
- A buddy program with the preschool allows our students to become role models and friends, thus building bonds that extend beyond the school walls.
- Our 7th grade students soar each year at the Northeast Ohio Science and Engineering Fair making Gross Schechter proud.
- Our Tikkun Olam Program in the middle school teaches students to be ambassadors in the community as they work at Menorah Park, local food banks, and participate in programs for less fortunate children.
- As a culmination of their years at Gross Schechter, our 8th grade students spend three weeks in Israel giving them an experience for life.
- After-school programming such as soccer, basketball, ultimate frisbee and yearbook help our students become well-rounded for life.