Week in Review – March 08, 2019As we turned the page of the calendar to March we were all looking forward to the weather turning warmer. But this past week all we could think of was the song, “Do You Want to Build a Snowman”! At least we got a peek of sunshine on Thursday morning to brighten our spirits!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: THE TIME CHANGES TO DST ON SUNDAY MORNING. TURN YOUR CLOCKS AHEAD 1 HOUR.
Have you prepared your child’s costume for Purim? I know our staff members are planning their costumes! The celebration is on Thursday, March 21 and it will be a fun-filled day with a parade, activities, games, songs, and hamantaschen. You are all invited to come and witness the amazing costume parade first thing in the morning.
This past Tuesday evening our first graders and their parents came to school and decorated their siddur covers. Marci Friedman and Sarah Rancman did a fantastic job organizing this wonderful activity. On March 28, our first graders will participate in one of Schechter’s benchmark milestone programs as they receive their first siddur. Parents of the first grade students are invited to attend as well as parents of kindergarten and ECC students.
On Monday evening, March 11, students and parents are invited to the “Schechter Theater” for the Middle School production of “You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown”. Sheri Gross, Lauren Henkin and the students have been working very hard in preparation for this performance. As Snoopy says, “Life is too short not to live it up a little”, so come out Monday evening and live it up a little at Gross Schechter.
- Monday, March 11th: Middle School presents “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”.
- Thursday, March 14, Last day to place Mishloach Manot Orders!
- Friday, March 15, Regular Friday Dismissals begin, 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, March 20th: Read for Life- Closing Ceremony ( *New Date*)
- Thursday, March 21st: Purim Celebration
- Sunday, March 24th: Super Schechter Dial-A-Thon! 11:00 AM- 2:00 PM in the Media Center.
- Thursday morning, March 28, First Grade Siddur Program, 8:30 am
- Friday, March 29th: VIP Day. 1-3:30pm Go back to school and spend the day with your Schechter Loved One! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 19th.
- Wednesday, April 10th : Passover Play Grades 1st – 4th 6:30pm
- Friday, May 3rd : Muffins with Mom 8:00 am sponsored by SPA
Have a great weekend and Shabbat Shalom!
Randy S. Boroff
Head of School